Japanese/Chinese characters ?????? help

Noels 09:04 31 Aug 05

Windows XP home. Sony Vaio. Since buying this Vaio which came with Norton AV installed the AV popup box in the right hand corner has shown what aoppears to be something like Jap/Chinese letters which up to now I have ignored as being a minor irritation. However I have just installed a Phase One Capture programme where all the Tabs also show these type letters. I believe this must be a computer set-up problem has anyone any ideas on how to resolve this problem please.

Regards Noels

johnnyrocker 09:58 31 Aug 05

is all other language on machine ok?

johnny.

dave_and_confused 10:02 31 Aug 05

Also had this with my NAV 2005 - all the alerts went into Far Eastern Characters but the rest of the PC was fine. Never resolved it... Annoying because you see which box to click to make the alert disappear...

Noels 10:57 31 Aug 05

Yes thanks all other languages ok. I'm pleased someone else has this problem. I'm not sure they are language symbols but just international icons of some sort as both these programmes are used throught the world and if I highlight the tabs the tab use is shown in English. I have looked at language in the Control Panel and many languages are ticked. Short of unticking them all apart from English I don't know the answer. Was hoping someone out there could help

Regards Noels

Noels 19:30 31 Aug 05

One last try at a different time of day.

Regards Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…