Japanese text MP3 file crashing...?

BeForU 16:17 20 Jun 04

Hello I seem to have a problem that involves my MP3 files that contain Japanese text. It seems that whenever I try to right click these certain files or try to go into the Properties of the file, it crashes my Windows Explorer with an error. The file names of these MP3's used to be in English but since I changed them to Japanese, i started to produce this error.

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106 Offset: 00013887

The above is what I copied from the Error Report but have no idea what it means. Something to do with that file I'm guessing but anybody knows what is wrong? And is there anyway to fix it? My computer is able to support Japanese text but I've no idea what is wrong.

BeForU 21:35 20 Jun 04

Cheap bump....

So I am guessing no one really knows what is going on then?

VoG II 21:39 20 Jun 04

Sorry I have not got a clue but I am really intrigued to know why you changed them to Japanese.

BeForU 21:43 20 Jun 04

Because these MP3's are Japanese themselves and so I want them to be original & authenetic.

I have other file types that are named in Japanese text and whenever I try to view their Properties as well, they are fine. It just seems to be .mp3 file types that are causing this crash error.

Charence 23:07 20 Jun 04

In your Regional and Language settings in Control Panel, you must add Japanese and have the appropriate files installed. Also some media players don't support other languages, Real and WMP do support them.

BeForU 00:26 21 Jun 04

Thanks Charence.

But I've already have the Japanese language support installed on my computer (running Windows XP Pro). Besides if I didnt have them installed, how would my computer be able to display Japanese in the first place. Anyways your right about some media players cannot support Japanese text but thats not really the problem. The problem is just whenever I try to right click or go into the Properties of mp3 files when Japanese text, it crashes Windows Explorer like I've already mentioned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…