I've wrecked my wireless network!!!

cozza101uk 12:48 08 May 06

I have a cable modem and Buffalo Airstation wireless router.

There's a desktop PC in the attic, and 2 laptops around the house. The laptops connected wirelessly through their built-in cards, and the PC used a Belkin USB adaptor to get on-line.

Everything worked fine until yesterday when I connected the router direct to the PC in an attempt to change the security settings.

I can now not access the internet at all, from any of the machines, although they all still seem to recognise the wireless network, and the modem appears to be functioning correctly.

Something's obviously happened when I've hooked the PC to the router.

I've no idea what to do, ideally I'd like to scrap it all and start again but don't even know how to do this.

Also, is it possible to put things right without attaching the PC physically to the modem...as that would mean moving it from the loft which is a major headache.

Any help much appreciated!!!

Skills 13:06 08 May 06

I would say the easiest thing to do would be to reset the router and start again if you're not sure what you did. Yes you will need to connect to the router via an ethernet cable.

On my router theres a reset button on the back that you need to push in with a pin that resets the router to factory settings and you'll need to reinput your ISP details and setup your wireless settings again. Maybe quicker than trying to track down what you've done thou.

Something simple that it could be did you change the wireless encryption key? If so you'll need to input the new key into all the machines ditto if you turned on the security features.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…