I've tried everything but the solution!

goll_y 15:55 19 Sep 04

I'm successfully downloading my yahoo emails from yahoo but am not able to send them through Outlook Express 6.

Could someone please give me the correct settings or suggest something that may prevent me sending the email.

The message coming up is -

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Mark Golledge', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Please check that your outgoing mail server settings are correct. To do this go to click here. Or contact technical support for assistance.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

steven_frost 16:09 19 Sep 04

if your sending through freeserve you have to use the freeseve server

beeuuem 16:13 19 Sep 04

To send mail you should use the smtp address of the ISP you are using. From the click here in your posting this should be smtp.wanadoo.co.uk or smtp.freeserve.com depending on who your ISP account is with.

goll_y 16:15 19 Sep 04

surely I have to put smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk?

Gongoozler 17:26 19 Sep 04

Hi Mark. Have you ever been able to send emails via Outlook Express using Yahoo? I don't think Yahoo email is an smtp server. I think you need to use a Freeserve (or Wanadoo) account to send emails this way, so your smtp account server is more likely to be something like smtp.freeserve.co.uk. As the message tells you, you need to check with Freeserve, which is now Wanadoo click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…