ive really messed up help

caterpilla 15:49 04 Jan 04

help after having a lazy sunday morning doing my work in bed igot up and unknown to me pressed the eject hardware button in my bottom task bar, not noticing this i got dresssed picked up the laptop and must have pressed confirm and now seem to have disconnected my C drive how do i reconnect it ive been into add new hardware but cant find it. aaAAAARRGGHH idiot i know but can you help, be gentle with me im a bit of a novice at these things

spikeychris 15:51 04 Jan 04

You cant disconnect your C drive with the eject hardware button. Whats happening with the machine?

caterpilla 15:57 04 Jan 04

its behaving oddly sorry its the disc drive not the C

spikeychris 16:03 04 Jan 04

Its the CDROM then, is it an external drive? what operating system are you using? and how odd is odd?

Give as much info as you can and it will get sorted.

Chris

caterpilla 16:09 04 Jan 04

okay the oddness ive just found out was something under one of the keys,
okay then windows 2000 version 5 with office xp internal drive on Dell laptop model latitude cpi a366st

spikeychris 16:13 04 Jan 04

"okay the oddness ive just found out was something under one of the keys"..please explain.

If you double click the "my computer" icon on the desktop is the CDROM there?

ton 16:14 04 Jan 04

So can you tell us exactly what the PC is doing (or not doing)?

caterpilla 16:17 04 Jan 04

a piece of bread crumb and no its not there

caterpilla 16:21 04 Jan 04

the printer doesnt seem to work either i get a message that they cant communicate

spikeychris 16:25 04 Jan 04

Reeboot and go to control panel, then admin tools and click event viewer. Click system and report the top errors with a red X at the side.

caterpilla 16:33 04 Jan 04

do you mean are there any errors reported today if so, then there are none

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…