I've messed up my internet connection

Mr nidus 13:45 24 May 08

Need some help as I have done something to my desktop pc and it can't find an internet connection. I have a laptop and a desktop and both were connecting with no problems. I [foolishly maybe] updated to xp service pack 3, on my desktop only, then zone alarm asked me a load of permissions I have a feeling I set it to always deny something - I can't remember what I just know I did it. So Desktop restart = no internet connection. Uninstalled sp3 and zone alarm, reboot = no internet connection, meanwhile laptop is working fine and connects with no issue. reboot modem and router no joy , thought the desktop does connect to the wireless network it still can't find and internet connection. I am at a loss as to what to do - tried manually setting the internet connection , still no joy. I now hate myself. Please help if possible=) [just tried reinstalling windows and that couldn't find it either]

skidzy 13:49 24 May 08

System restore ?

Mr nidus 13:57 24 May 08

My machine doesn't offer any restore points =(

VoG II 14:04 24 May 08

Try downloading click here to your laptop then running it on the desktop.

Mr nidus 14:20 24 May 08

nope, that didn't work

Stuartli 14:31 24 May 08

Try reinstalling the wireless (dongle?) drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…