I've Lost "Word"

Bingalau 21:30 07 Jul 06

Don't ask me how because I can't remember when I last looked for it or used it. But It has just gone/vanished/disappeared etc. How do I get it back and where from please? ..Bingalau..

Jackcoms 21:31 07 Jul 06

Re-install it from your Office CD

Halmer 21:32 07 Jul 06

shortcut icon?

VoG II 21:33 07 Jul 06

Start, Run, type

winword.exe

and click OK. Does that work?

Bingalau 21:47 07 Jul 06

jackcoms .. Can't find my Office CD. But will start a new search for it in the morning and try your advice. Thanks! ... Also Thanks VoG but your tip hasn't worked either... Halmer! Thanks also, I used to have a shortcut icon as well, but that has also gone. There is no sign of the program in the "All Programs" menu. I am off for my supper now and then to bed as I am ......... with a capital "K" ..Bingalau..

Jackcoms 21:50 07 Jul 06

Am I the only one who's amazed that people 'mislay' their Office/Windows, etc, CDs?

VoG II 21:50 07 Jul 06

No!

Bingalau 22:03 07 Jul 06

No! "Jackcoms" but I will find it tomorrow. My trouble is I am in a small room that is packed out with all sorts of odds and ends including CD's. My wife's sewing machine takes up a lot of space and we use the one revolving chair for both her machine and my computer. So everything gets put in weird and wonderful places. Will let you know how it goes when I do find the CD. I can see a stack of them, but I will have to move items to get at them and tonight is not a good time. Once again "Thanks" ..Bingalau..

Jackcoms 22:05 07 Jul 06

Do you have a shed?

If so, wife and sewing machine should be sent there.

PC rooms should be sacrosanct. ;-))

ventanas 22:06 07 Jul 06

I'm lost for Words.

Are any of the programs there, Excel, Outlook etc.
Open Explorer and look for C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11 (or 10). If this folder is not there then probably neither is Office.

Bingalau 22:59 07 Jul 06

Hey! Yeah ! I've found the CD and installed "Word" also "Money" (Don't know what I will use that for 'cos I've got none) and "Auto-Route" (Might come in handy while I save up for a Sat-Nav). Wife securely locked up in shed for the night, Bottle of rum is out and going down well. 54 yrs married and never thought of the shed before. Brilliant idea. Seriously folks.. I have not got "Excel" and there is no sign of it on this CD. Dare I ask if I can download it from somewhere or do I have to buy it? Many thanks for the help yet again ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…