I've lost my font

colcol 15:05 06 Sep 04

I know this is a really trivial problem but I use wide latin as the font for my address on letters but it has disappeared.

I use w XP Home. when I access a document I have produced ie a letter, my address is no longer shown in wide latin but in another font and it is now all in block letters. when I access the list of fonts, wide latin is not shown.

i have tried the list of fonts in the control panel but again wide latin is not listed

any help gratefully received.

Stuartli 15:28 06 Sep 04

As Microsoft doesn't provide Wide Latin with its operating systems (click here), you'll have to reinstall the font.

Listed here to download free as Latin Wide:

click here

If anyone wants to see a convenient display of fonts (apart from the Fonts folder itself) see:

click here

Wide Latin is shown just above the Fonts for Web Pages link.

Stuartli 15:29 06 Sep 04

PS

It's looks very similar to Times New Roman.

colcol 17:09 06 Sep 04

stuartli - thanks for your help but I am still confused. I have a second pc and a laptop both running windows xp and when I list the standard fonts on both machines, wide latin is there. I see on my problem pc that luida handwriting, a standard ms font, has also vanished?????

colcol 17:09 06 Sep 04

stuartli - thanks for your help but I am still confused. I have a second pc and a laptop both running windows xp and when I list the standard fonts on both machines, wide latin is there. I see on my problem pc that luida handwriting, a standard ms font, has also vanished?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…