I've lost my Drive

trojan99 22:14 04 Feb 03

My 40gb hard drive is partitioned in 3, and labelled drives C,D & E. My DVD rom is labelled F and my CDRW was labelled (can you guess?... yep G)a month ago is installed a flash media card reader to down load piccies from my digital camera, when installed it labelled itself G read the details from my camera no problem, but now I've lost my CDRW cant access it - still get power to it, but no audio or data CD will play in it and i cant access it from My computer or anywhere else i can think of?

Giggle n' Bits 22:22 04 Feb 03

for this drive ?

fahs 22:31 04 Feb 03

What OS are you running?

trojan99 22:41 04 Feb 03

OS is 98SE and i aint sure i can locate the installation disk for the CDRW?

trojan99 22:44 04 Feb 03

another issue is... even if i reinstalled the drivers for the CDRW next time i insert my media card reader (USB) will it do the same again. how cna i resolve this problem?

Worf100 22:46 04 Feb 03

Try entering :-
Control Panel
Device Manager
Look under 'CD ROM' and use 'Properties' to reset your CD-RW drive to 'G' & 'G'

If that fails try doing same with card reader (with a card in it) and set to 'H' & 'H'

You may also need to check that the card reader is down in 'options' as 'removable'

woodchip 22:53 04 Feb 03

Go to device manager and remove the CD rom it will re-detect it

woodchip 22:54 04 Feb 03

Go to device manager and remove the CD rom it will re-detect it

PS after you reboot

trojan99 23:22 04 Feb 03

Hanx for the advice folks, but my DVD is shown in device manager, but the CDRW is no longer there?

Switcher 23:28 04 Feb 03

Check autoexec.bat and config.sys for statement such as LASTDRIVE = G

trojan99 23:30 04 Feb 03

And then do what Switcher?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…