Ive lost my copies of Scanned docs.

1936 18:52 01 Jan 15

I suppose that this sort of thing happens every Christmas so actually I’m following a grand tradition in attempting to tidy up my hard disc. I started by typing in the term, “Scanned documents” in an attempt to find where all of the documents that I scanned during the last year are and a column of Icons showed up.

"Scanned Documents" C:/Users/BMLDesktop Folders/Missing Folders I clicked on that and a single folder showed with “Documents” set next to it and the date 09/08/2011 I clicked on that and it was empty.

I went to the next one. "Scanned Documents" C:/Users/BMLDesktop\DESKTOP FOLDERS\MY LIFE SCANNED MATERIAL TO BE WORKED ON I clicked on that and it was empty

In a total of six folders were all empty and four more further down the page were the same. Does anyone have an idea where the scanned documents went?

Ian in Northampton 19:48 01 Jan 15

Typically, the program you use to scan documents will have a default directory that it stores your scans in. If you check in 'tools' or 'options' you may find information about the location where the program stores them. Have you tried that?

1936 23:36 01 Jan 15

Default directory that stores your scans. Check in 'tools' or 'options' to find information about the location of the program.

Regrettably I am not that technical but I will have a try.

1936 23:18 02 Jan 15

I do not know how to get into the default directory that stores my scans. Check or how to in 'tools' or 'options' to find information about the location of the program.

rdave13 00:18 03 Jan 15

What software do you use to scan documents?

The info will be in that directory folder.

What OS?

If you search for 'scanned documents (blah blah software that scanned it), you might have a better chance. Even better is to open the program and see what is saved within its own directory.

lotvic 00:49 03 Jan 15

Scanned documents... usually these are saved as a picture image unless you used OCR software (Optical Character Recognition software) that would read the Text words.

As per rdave13 asks: What software program did you use? (Clue: It would come with your scanner as a software program)

lotvic 01:02 03 Jan 15

If you used the Canon CanoScan 8400F as per your post in 2011 ClickHere then this guide should give you some pointers as to where to look ClickHere

wee eddie 11:37 03 Jan 15

I don't know about you, but when I scan a document I give it a relevant name and direct it to the Folder of choice.

Actually, what I usually do is to direct the Scan to my Desktop and then Rename and File it from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…