I've killed Internet Explorer

LALAS 00:37 16 Jan 05

I had some adware picked up by Norton and proceeded t delete it following the instructions on their site. The only part I didnt follow was the 'back up your registry bit'.

Now IE will not display any sites, just get a "Cannot find sever" message. Telewest have checked the service and there is no problem with the connection, Outlook express works and Mozilla Firefox works. Tried to re-install IE bit that didnt work. Tried without Notron Internet Security but still nothing.

Any ideas ???????

User-312386 00:47 16 Jan 05

You using surfboard via ethernet card?

LALAS 00:56 16 Jan 05

I have a Motorla Cable Modem cnnected by ethernet cable. Has worked fine for a few months undtil my registry massacre

bluesbrother 01:04 16 Jan 05

Did you try to repair IE.

Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs / Microsoft Internet Explorer. Click the add/remove button and you should get an option to repair IE

LALAS 01:16 16 Jan 05

Couldnt find an option to repair. Tried to remove then re-install. Also tried installing from a CD Rom. None work !!

bluesbrother 01:23 16 Jan 05

click here;en-us;175722&spid=807&sid=global This might help.

bluesbrother 01:30 16 Jan 05

There is a thread explaining how to post these links. I really should have paid more attention.

If you click the link then add ;en-us;175722&spid=807&sid=global to the address

VoG II 09:29 16 Jan 05

click here may be worth a go.

rawprawn 09:35 16 Jan 05

Control panel / Add or Remove programs / on the left you will see Add or Remove Windows Components / Make sure Internet Explorer is Ticked / Highlight it / Click Next. You will probably need your OS Disc. That is for Windows XP, you don't give your OS.You say you tried using your CD rom I'm not sure that you can do it that way.

LALAS 18:08 16 Jan 05

Thanks VoG that did the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…