ive got pest trap, how do i get rid of it

athenrye 14:13 22 Sep 06

hi ive got pest trap on my computer,
i get dialogue boxes opening from the quick start clock area
two red circles white crosses saying that it has detected spyware on my computer
and to use proper tools

how do i get rid of this as spybot and adaware dosnt do it
cheers
will

bellababy 14:22 22 Sep 06

Try click here comes well recommended on this forum.

rdave13 15:11 22 Sep 06

Also try superantispyware. click here

gudgulf 15:16 22 Sep 06

Try this removal tool click here

AS WELL as running the above mentioned antimalware scanners.

athenrye 20:24 22 Sep 06

hi gudulf
just wasted an hour
downloaded the spy thingy and used it to scan, found lots of viruses and malware then it wants me to buy the bloody thing before i use it

any free tools out there to get rid of this thing
will

rdave13 20:36 22 Sep 06

What have you run? "Spy thingy" doesn't help us or you. Have you run Ewido and have you run superantispyware,(both free) and links given. If so what are the results?

VoG II 20:36 22 Sep 06

Run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

rdave13 20:48 22 Sep 06

Also try here click here

athenrye 21:08 22 Sep 06

hi guys sorry for the lack of information, i thought gudgulf would reply, he sent the link for spyware remove in the earlier message

the thing is its actually my father in law computer, im over the road and running between the two trying to fix it for him, hence i coudnt remeber what it was called

ive tried spybot, adaware etc
i looked at earlier postings and found a small programme to use with ewido, its smitfraudfix, but when i start it in safe mode my keyboard dosnt work to any any key to continue, the keyboard is a usb connection do they work in safe mode, or is this another programme

sorry again for the lack of info but im getting stressed, it said to use smufitfraudfix before ewido so not tried that yet
chjeers
william

athenrye 21:11 22 Sep 06

oh its spy hunter the programme
it says its free until you down load it waste an hour to detect them and then it wants you to pay for it to remove them
getting pissed now!
will

athenrye 21:13 22 Sep 06

hi rdave
the programme link you posted is also for spy hunter, its not free, any free ones out there
will

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant