I've got an ongoing problem with links.

TommyRed 12:36 22 Feb 03

I've had a problem with my links for a few weeks, but in the main have overcome it by right clicking and choosing 'copy shortcut'. This doesn't appear to work on links that open a new window, so what can I do? I have been advised to re-install Internet Explorer 6, but as I've always had it, what happens to the address bar, will I still have one to get to Microsoft's site to dowwnload a new IE 6, plus what will happen to my favourites?
Thanks

« Ravin » 12:49 22 Feb 03

i think you'll still have your favorites but you can always back them up by going to the file menu and clicking on "import and export" click on export favorited and follow the wizard. to use a backed up copy of your favoties follow the same procedure but clik on import and point the wizard to the folder where you exported previously.

« Ravin » 12:50 22 Feb 03

apologies for the spelling mistakes. whish we had an edit facility here.

« Ravin » 12:52 22 Feb 03

there i go again!

anyway here's link with some tips on how to reinstall or repair internet explorer 6 click here

TommyRed 14:24 22 Feb 03

Sorry forgot to tell you I use 98SE o/s so above link no good as is only for xp.

Cheers

« Ravin » 16:05 22 Feb 03

then, under windows 98 , internet explorer 6 should appear under the list of programs in the control panel add/remove programs. so click it and click change/uninstall and you'll get the option to repair or completely uninstall it. try the repair first and use ie a bit. if it's still giving problems uninstall it and go back to the mcrosoft site and download it again and reinstall it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…