I've changed the buttons...

slightlymad 16:58 03 Sep 06

As suggested.

Do they look any better?

Version 1: click here
Version 2: click here

Note that the new buttons only apply to the home page. If I get the thumbs up, I'll change the sub pages.

ade.h 17:06 03 Sep 06

Yes, I like those.

(Here I am, slogging through CSS, overhauling an enitre website from the ground up... and you've changed a few buttons! LOL)

ade.h 17:08 03 Sep 06

click here Transitional??

click here That's good.

PurplePenny 17:12 03 Sep 06

I like the graduated buttons; but I suppose that I'm bound to since I suggested them :-)) Seriously, I *do* prefer the graduated buttons: they are far more interesting.

slightlymad 17:19 03 Sep 06

Doing coursework for a Flash course that I recently started. I'm well behind! I'm not a Flash fan, but I think if it's used in moderation it can look quite effective. Besides, I want to learn how to use it!

But these buttons have been niggling me.

XHTML 1.0 Transitional is less, um, strict than XHTML 1.0 Strict. Would you believe.

ade.h 17:36 03 Sep 06

Don't let your coursework slip if it has a deadline. If you're busy on that, I won't be offended at all if you don't reply to the CSS thread for a few days. You've gone out of your way to be really helpful!

You *should* really be using Strict XHTML though....

Rigga 18:49 03 Sep 06

I like the new buttons, they fit in with the general style of the site much better.

Again, an excellent well designed site.

R.

slightlymad 18:54 03 Sep 06

It's going up...

slightlymad 19:03 03 Sep 06

So on the off chance anyone wants to know what I'm talking about, the old buttons are click here.

Thanks for voting, Ade, Penny and Rigga.

PurplePenny 19:17 03 Sep 06

I use transitional for one reason: strict doesn't allow "target=" and I really, really object to external sites opening in the same window. As a user I *want* external links to open in a new window so I still code that way; hence the need for transitional rather than strict.

slightlymad 20:06 03 Sep 06

That's an interesting point, Penny, which I wasn't aware of.

I agree, and I'll stick with Transitional.

Oddly enough, TopStyle Pro (which I use as my editor) often reports that the 'doctype given is "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"', but that the document content looks like Strict.

I must be being quite hard on myself, then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017