I've been firewalled!

Miros 11:38 30 Sep 06

This all started with a notification of a Zone alarm security upgrade ? after trying to download it my zone alarm went crazy, ( this could have been a malicious bug or something) I decided to un install zone alarm , and have tried several times since, and now get the message...(VSMON.EXE unable to locate component....failed to start ZPY.dll missing.. re-installing may fix problem.)

Being without zone alarm I tried another firewall comodo, this seemed to be blocking everything and I found it frustrating to use, so decided to un install. That's when the manure hit the fan, I eventually found all my internet connections had been 'Firewalled' once I Closed down my ISP ( Aol ) i found I that had been firewalled when I tried to reconnect. I'm back on line now because I reinstalled a new AOL connection, but I still can't log on to IE or Firefox web pages.

I have logged onto PC Advisor using AOL's browser. But would prefer other options. Can Any body help me remove these Firewall blocks please.

Miros 11:40 30 Sep 06

This all started with a notification of a Zone alarm security upgrade ? after trying to download it my zone alarm went crazy, ( this could have been a malicious bug or something) I decided to un install zone alarm , and have tried several times since, and now get the message...(VSMON.EXE unable to locate component....failed to start ZPY.dll missing.. re-installing may fix problem.)

Should have said have tried several times to re install, and get the above results.

Miros 11:40 30 Sep 06

Should have said have tried several times to re install, and get the above results.

VoG II 11:42 30 Sep 06
  Miros 11:58 30 Sep 06

Thanks, that I presume will get me ZoneAlarm back but my big problem is having my other internet connections 'firewalled', can anyone help me un firewall these.

Miros 13:49 30 Sep 06

This is weird, if I copy the web address's of Firefox and Internet Explorer from their web browser page and post it into my AOL browser, they both open up, while for example I get the following message from IE and similar from Firefox if I try to open in the normal way via their browser.

Quote..
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.
Unquote.

This has really got me stumped. Is it possible for me un-install these browsers and reinstall them, does anyone know? It would seem they have a problem, which of course is now my problem.

jimv7 14:01 30 Sep 06

Try system restore to before you installed zone alarm update.

Phphred 14:03 30 Sep 06

Have'nt you got a backup with ACRONIS or similar it would save a lot of hassle?

Miros 14:12 30 Sep 06

When the manure hit the fan see above, I lost all my restore points, so I can only go back to the day it happened. I haven't got a backup either, I always relied on system restore before which till now has never let me down.
You might say I have been up to my eyes in it ever since Thursday :-(

terryf 14:15 30 Sep 06

Look for the posts on acronis backup, Acronis has NEVER let me down, system restore has. Buy an external usb hd and true image and you will be a lot better off

Miros 14:18 30 Sep 06

I will keep that in mind fir the future, meanwhile???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant