I've been firewalled!

Miros 11:38 30 Sep 06

This all started with a notification of a Zone alarm security upgrade ? after trying to download it my zone alarm went crazy, ( this could have been a malicious bug or something) I decided to un install zone alarm , and have tried several times since, and now get the message...(VSMON.EXE unable to locate component....failed to start ZPY.dll missing.. re-installing may fix problem.)

Being without zone alarm I tried another firewall comodo, this seemed to be blocking everything and I found it frustrating to use, so decided to un install. That's when the manure hit the fan, I eventually found all my internet connections had been 'Firewalled' once I Closed down my ISP ( Aol ) i found I that had been firewalled when I tried to reconnect. I'm back on line now because I reinstalled a new AOL connection, but I still can't log on to IE or Firefox web pages.

I have logged onto PC Advisor using AOL's browser. But would prefer other options. Can Any body help me remove these Firewall blocks please.

Miros 11:40 30 Sep 06

This all started with a notification of a Zone alarm security upgrade ? after trying to download it my zone alarm went crazy, ( this could have been a malicious bug or something) I decided to un install zone alarm , and have tried several times since, and now get the message...(VSMON.EXE unable to locate component....failed to start ZPY.dll missing.. re-installing may fix problem.)

Should have said have tried several times to re install, and get the above results.

Miros 11:40 30 Sep 06

Should have said have tried several times to re install, and get the above results.

VoG II 11:42 30 Sep 06
  Miros 11:58 30 Sep 06

Thanks, that I presume will get me ZoneAlarm back but my big problem is having my other internet connections 'firewalled', can anyone help me un firewall these.

Miros 13:49 30 Sep 06

This is weird, if I copy the web address's of Firefox and Internet Explorer from their web browser page and post it into my AOL browser, they both open up, while for example I get the following message from IE and similar from Firefox if I try to open in the normal way via their browser.

Quote..
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.
Unquote.

This has really got me stumped. Is it possible for me un-install these browsers and reinstall them, does anyone know? It would seem they have a problem, which of course is now my problem.

jimv7 14:01 30 Sep 06

Try system restore to before you installed zone alarm update.

Phphred 14:03 30 Sep 06

Have'nt you got a backup with ACRONIS or similar it would save a lot of hassle?

Miros 14:12 30 Sep 06

When the manure hit the fan see above, I lost all my restore points, so I can only go back to the day it happened. I haven't got a backup either, I always relied on system restore before which till now has never let me down.
You might say I have been up to my eyes in it ever since Thursday :-(

terryf 14:15 30 Sep 06

Look for the posts on acronis backup, Acronis has NEVER let me down, system restore has. Buy an external usb hd and true image and you will be a lot better off

Miros 14:18 30 Sep 06

I will keep that in mind fir the future, meanwhile???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…