Iv lost speaker/volume drivers-PLEASE help me?

cpgq 19:33 20 Feb 09

Hi, just recently my pc's volume/audio has stopped working, when i go to control panel, sounds and audio devices it says 'no audio devices', iv tried system restore and it gets 3/4 of the way through then says that it cant complete system restore, it does this with every date i try. Please can anyone help me?
My pc runs on XP, service pack 3.

MAJ 19:38 20 Feb 09

What does it say in Device Manager about the sound card?

john bunyan 19:43 20 Feb 09

Has your anti virus programme found and removed some trojans? If so it removes these from the latest restore point(s) up (which is an accumulation of other restore points. I had this problem with AVG8 (actually false positives) and it prevented the use of restore points, and had to resort to my Acronis Image .If you do not have one, you will probably have to re install the sound drivers. I have a separate sound card - Soundblaster X- Fi with installation disc. No doubt others will suggest a better way - could you state if you have a separate or on board sound card? I assume you have run anti virus and anti spyware checks?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…