iv lost all sound ?

DrLector 23:21 16 May 09

Hi
Iv lost all sound on my PC ? , iv opened the small speaker icon and they are not muted, iv played a video on yahoo and i can see the volume bar jump up and down as its responding to the film clip but im not hearing anything, iv recently installed a web cam and wondered if that was it but after uninstalling it ,its still the same
thanks for any help

BRYNIT 00:14 17 May 09

Check that the speakers are connected to the computer correctly.

mrwoowoo 01:42 17 May 09

I would imagine that the web cam drivers have conflicted with your sound card or onboard sound driver.
I would try reinstalling or rolling back your sound driver.
Could check in your bios in case the web cam disabled it there,which can happen.

I'm with Brynit- I had the same problem but it was simply that in installing something new i had moved the PC and the lead for the speakers had been partly pulled out from the socket!
Check every connection carefully!

DrLector 14:27 17 May 09

Iv checked out all the leads and they are all in place, iv uninstalled the web cam ,but no change. i have my PC linked to my sterio, the leads are fine to that and if i unplug it i should just get sound out the monitor but its still dead ? iv looked over all the setting and its got me stumped.
there is a new program ( i think its new ) called realtek high definition audio driver. iv uninsulated it, it tells me to re-start the pc, i do so but its back on when i re-start ???
im really lost on this on

birdface 14:30 17 May 09

If it was an update from Microsoft.Go to device manager and roll back the driver and see if that works.

BRYNIT 18:44 17 May 09

You say you have opened the volume control via the speaker icon to check it was not muted. I assume you checked the volume control. Did you check that the wave control was not muted as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…