Iv installed Xp,what about Word etc?

buel 22:08 22 May 09

Hi, i have installed xp on a brand new h.d but how do i get Word etc on the pc? I notice that next to the Xp licence on the pc there is a 'Microsoft Works' licence, is this it please?

MAT ALAN 22:11 22 May 09

Won't be much good unless you have a copy of a "works suite"

click here

if you do not the prog in the link will help (free)

rdave13 22:41 22 May 09

Not possible I'm afraid. Open Office a good alternative. The licence you see is already in use so do not try to use it even though you might get a disc !
I can only help so much.
Glad you're sorted.

buel 23:21 22 May 09

Thank you very much!!
Can open Word documents with Open Office?

Graham. 23:23 22 May 09

Yes.

buel 14:02 25 May 09

Hi, iv tried downloading open office but it doesn't run? Has anyone got any other links for it please?

Sea Urchin 14:22 25 May 09

The link placed on your desktop is probably not the one to run the program. Go to Start/All Programs and find the OpenOffice.org entry - select the program you want and click to open.

You can make your own desktop shortcuts as required.

buel 14:46 25 May 09

Hi, nope iv done that, when i try to run the application i get a message saying 'installer integrity check has failed. common causes include incomplete download and damaged media...etc etc)
Iv tried downloading it twice now...

Sea Urchin 15:04 25 May 09

Another choice for a download

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…