Itunes won't start up

Desert Andy 13:27 24 Jan 11

My itunes has stopped working. I don't think I've loaded anything to cause the problem. When I select Itunes, it does nothing, although when I look at the task manager, apparently itunes is running. I have tried completely uninstalling itunes and reloading it, but still the same problem. Any thoughts? thanks

gengiscant 13:30 24 Jan 11

This may seem a daft question but it has happened to me,do you have 2 monitors but one not switched on? As I said it happened to me with a program actually loading on the screen which was switched off at the time.

Desert Andy 13:33 24 Jan 11

No I don't, just a single screen on my laptop.

Terry Brown 13:44 24 Jan 11

You may need to run the Itune repair program. See link
click here

Terry

Desert Andy 19:14 24 Jan 11

I tried the itune repair, still no joy.

Desert Andy 19:14 24 Jan 11

How can i completely uninstall itunes, ready for a fresh install?

gengiscant 09:16 25 Jan 11

Sometimes its worth following this procedure before reinstalling itunes click here

john bunyan 09:51 25 Jan 11

gengiscant's link worked for me in similar circumstances.

Desert Andy 12:54 25 Jan 11

Thanks for all your help. Unfortunately, I complete uninstall followed by reinstall has not worked. I followed another link, and I now know the problem is with Bonjour. But I have no idea how to fix it. If I disable Bonjour, Itunes opens up, but of course I can't sync with my Iphone, if I enable Bonjour, Itunes won't start up. Any other thoughts?

gengiscant 13:02 25 Jan 11

Maybe something here:click here
or more click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…