iTunes to WMP10

Dave21 15:47 17 Apr 06

I have purhased music from iTunes. The music is in MP4 format. However, most of my music is on WMP10. Is there any way of tranferring my iTunes tracks into WMP10?
I'm on a PC Win XP Pro- any recommendations?
Also, it is not possible in iTunes to convert my purchased tracks to MP3 format as they are write protection.
Many thanks.

bremner 16:04 17 Apr 06

An easy way is to burn the iTunes tracks to Audio CD in iTunes. Then rip the tracks to mp3 in WMP. I use a CD RW to do this an wipe it each time.

Dave21 17:11 17 Apr 06

Thanks Bremner
I tried your suggestion and that works fine.
Are there any other suggestions that do not involve transfer to portable media? (eg importing/exporting?)
Thanks

Forum Editor 17:31 17 Apr 06

direct from the iTunes interface, you don't need to use WMP:-

Choose Edit > Preferences, then click the Advanced tab at the top of the window and click Burning.
Choose MP3 CD as the Disc Format, then click OK

Note that If you have no copy protected MP3 files you can play and listen to
your music in iTunes, WMP or any other media player that can play MP3
files - you do not need to make duplicates of the files anywhere.

To rip a music CD into MP3 files you can continue to use WMP or use iTunes.

What you can't do legally is alter the format of copyright-protected MP3 files.

Dave21 18:09 17 Apr 06

Thanks Forum Editor
On a slightly tack I have all my music on WMP. When I downloaded iTunes just to purchase music, I agreed (wrongly or rightly) to import my music files into iTunes from c:/ My Music.
However, iTunes created a new folder in My Music and made a copy of all of My Music within there. Which isn't too easy on my HDD capacity as now I have every ripped CD twice. Can you tell WMP and iTunes to read the same Music Library on your C:\, and not create a copy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now