iTunes on Windows PC

Rabi 22:47 13 Aug 05

Hi,

I have Windows Media Player and MusicMatch on my PC, with WMA, MP3, and WAV music sound files.

I have now begun to use iTunes (Windows) with my new Mini iPod.

Anyone know how I can convert the WMA to MP3?

And How do I import the MP3's and WAV already on my PC into the iTunes?

Thank you...

Forum Editor 00:14 14 Aug 05

from your Windows media player library into iTunes, but be aware that by default they'll be converted to Apples' AAC format, although you can select Apple Lossless format if you wish. I advise doing that if you subsequently want to write the files to CD.

In iTunes go to file and select 'add folder to library' - then navigate to the folder where your files are stored.

Rabi 01:49 15 Aug 05

Thanks, will try it out and post result.

I have another question on similr lines, and Don't know if this should be a new thread,but here goes:

How would I convert my WMA sound files, unprotected ofcourse, into MP3's on the same Hard Disk? Note, I have Windows Media Player 9 and 10, Musicmatch 8 (Full Version), and iTunes for Windows (latest version); could i convert using any of these? Or do I need another piece of software?

Thanks

Isaac123 15:36 15 Aug 05

dbpoweramp would have been my recommendation, but I understand it is no longer free?

I have similar issues with WMA to MP3;
Anyone know of a FREE convertor?

Thanks, in advance

Rabi 15:08 16 Aug 05

Forum Editor:

Followed your advice, and went and imported both a folder and a file, changing the format before I imported to "use MP3 encoding". Import was fine, music plays fine, but ...

instead of an MP3 file, the file created was same as the original, which was a WAV file! So, I selected the song, right clicked, chose "convert selection to MP3", and clicked. Conversion was done, but the file is now an MPEG-1, Layer 3 file. Any idea what is happening?

Why isn't the inported file converting into MP3, but retaining its original encoding?

And why is the second conversion resulting in an MPEG-1 audio file?

BTW, this is happening not only to one song, but all songs imported into iTunes using the import procedure, and not only to WAV but to WMA sound files.

Would appreciate any help, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…