iTunes will not load properly

twitcher 18:13 10 Feb 14

A neighbour has asked for my help as he has had problems accessing his iTunes library on his Windows 7 computer. Having explained that I do not have an iPlayer or any experience of the iTunes software I tried to load the program but got the following message:-

Program: C\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C Runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the applicant's support team for more information.

I tried to activate the iTunes.exe file but received the message:-

iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes Error 7 (Windows error 1114)

I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it from the installation CD but still received the same message but with the following additional message:-

iTunes The file iTunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes

As the iTunes software was completely uninstalled, including the iTunes library file, and completely reinstalled from disc I am at a loss to understand what's happening. Can anybody help please?

Woolwell 18:16 10 Feb 14

The CD version is probably out of date. iTunes is regularly updated and a recent update has caused problems for some. You should download and install it from here.

john bunyan 19:38 10 Feb 14

Also see here. Some had problems with a recent iTunes up date. See my solution which worked.

iTunes thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…