iTunes V.6 installation

douglas1973 17:44 05 Dec 05

I know this matter has been discussed in other forums but nobody seems to have come up with a solution so I will start the subject again.
Two days ago I installed iTunes without any problems. Then I had an unconnected problem and dedided to Restore to an earlier date losing, of course, the iTunes installation that I had made before. When I re-downloaded iTunes and then attempted to install it I received the message "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close...". I tried opening again and again and continued to get the same message.
I therefore completely uninstalled iTunes and QuicktTime and then downloaded iTunes again (this time reluctantly turning off Norton Antivirus and Firewall first) and then tried installing again but to no avail - I still get the same message. (I checked that Norton Internet Security was configured to accept Itunes).
Can anyone help?

brambles 19:45 06 Dec 05

There have been one or two postings about iTunes installation. I have had it for a long time and consequently have downloaded a lot of 'latest versions' the only time when I was unsucessful was when I elected to RUN instead of saving to the dektop as I had always done.

I save to the desktop come off the Internet and then close the computer down. after restarting I install from the setup icon on the dektop - this method works for me so I'll carry on using it.

douglas1973 23:20 06 Dec 05

Thanks Brambles. Have tried that but to no avail. Have asked a friend to download for me on his computer and to send me the setup program on a CD. Hope to get it tomorrow and will let you know if I am successful.

douglas1973 23:55 09 Dec 05

I have found various solutions at click here
In my case I uninstalled both iTunes and QuickTime and then deleted temporary files in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Local Settings\Temp (was unable to uninstall all of them) and then separately downloaded and installed QuickTime and then iTunes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…