Itunes tracks overlapping

hawthorn59 14:56 30 May 06

Probably not a great description of my problem, but here goes anyway.
I played a CD (a compilation burned from various albums) in iTunes, and on the second last track the actual time ran out beofre the song was over, and at the start of the next track the previous song finished off (17seconds) and then the next one started!

Then i played it on Windows Media Player and it was perfect!

The time os even displayed differently on each player;

iTunes track 14 3.40
track 15 5.31

Media Player track 14 3.57
track 15 5.14

Is this a fault in iTunes or has anyone else come across that? It doesnt seem to read the CD properly. I cant remember whether I burned it in ITunes or Media Player, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

h

martjc 15:47 30 May 06

...I'd say the fault is with Itunes. Personally, I wouldn't use it. Do you have an alternative? if not, delete Itunes completely via Control Panel, Add/Remove programs.

martjc 15:48 30 May 06

...After uninstall, re-install itunes and try again.

hawthorn59 17:08 30 May 06

Mmm you dont like iTuenes! I did start a thread a while back on whether to use iTunes or MediaPlayer 10. Some people said to use neither. Wimamp some recommeded, I tried it and couldnt get used to it at all. I have nothing against MediaPlayer but navigation around library and playlists can be a bit confusing at times. iTunes is straightforward enough.
What would you recommend? The actual problem isnt major unless it happens more often.

h

martjc 19:23 30 May 06

...Go to the MS site and get it. As others have told you there are more players available. If one doesn't suit, get another.

Schrader 16:26 31 May 06

There is an option in iTunes to "Crossfade playback" Edit > Preferences > Playback. Make sure you have the option switched OFF.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…