itunes store network connection timed out

alexdes 14:27 14 May 07

I have spent a miserable 8 hours or so trying to find out why my son's access to his beloved iTunes store is being denied. Having trawled multiple tech help threads (including good ole pcadvisor ones) it is apparent that:
1/ there are many people affected by the problem;
2/ apple.com are in complete denial, referring the queries back to user +/- isp
3/ quite a few suggestions including altering connection settings, re-installing current iTunes software, re-installing previous iTunes software, reconfiguring firewalls, enabling dhcp, flushing dns caches, etc, etc - with little evidence of those posting the queries finding satisfaction - which lends credence to the belief that it is apple who are at fault.

How do we start a petition to get apple to take notice? There must be thousands of hours of wasted time, grumpy kids and sad dads out there!

Perhaps PCAdvisor could take this on.
signed, sad dad al (alexdes)

Trojan 21:20 02 Apr 08

Let me be the first to sign the petition,I also have spent months on the same problem and got the same answers,I have a desktop PC running windows XP SP1 and a laptop running vista,my desktop connects to the itunes store my account every time no prob,my laptop has never connected since I got it a year ago,even trying all the rubbish that Apple suggest,in my view it is a problem that Apple can't solve so they pass the buck,come on Apple get your finger out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video