itunes software and usb turntables

Damarc 13:23 21 Dec 08

Because I have had problems with my pc and have reinstalled xp other bits and pieces are slowly taking shape but I'm having problems with Itunes. I have had to uninstall and reinstall quite a few times because of problems with graphics and sound card drivers and now I'm unable to open iTunes as it has a dialogue box with
"Itunes Library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes." I have tried running %appdata% to get rid of any apple software and I thought I'd cracked it but I still got this message. How to I rectify this please?

T0SH 14:18 21 Dec 08

When I had a somewhat similar problem with iTunes software being unable to remove it from add remove programs or with the iTunes remover thing, I eventually got it uninstalled by using the CCleaner Programs Uninstaller Tool and was then able to reinstall ok

It is Free and available from here

click here

Download install update then Click on the Tools Icon on the left to get you to the uninstaller tool

Cheers HC

Damarc 17:12 21 Dec 08

but removing some files through Regseeker resulted in my having to reinstall xp because I must have deleted some that were necessary! How can I ensure with C cleaner that I don't delete the wrong files?

Damarc 12:56 22 Dec 08

through ccleaner and reinstalled and it is still coming up with the same error message and Itunes won't open. Any more ideas please?

ambra4 13:01 22 Dec 08

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs use this program

Revo Uninstaller to uninstall all programs

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is left over and not required, just

click the Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the

“Finish” button appear you can than reboot the computer

Damarc 13:33 22 Dec 08

But I gave up and rang the Ion helpline and they told me to delete the data file in My Music>Itunes Music and it worked! Thank you all. I'll now close this thread.

ambra4 01:12 23 Dec 08

"I'll now close this thread"

You need to tick the box and click resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now