iTunes Relocate Problem

NETCHRIS 23:26 19 May 07

Okay, so I recently got a new PC a Dell Dimension E520 with Vista Home Premium and transfered all my files and had to re-install all my programs and apps but the files were present without any troubles. I re-installed iTunes and it looked like everything was okay. Until I realized that all my music not burned from CD's needed to be relocated meaning that even though the metadata and information and settings of each item in my Library was intact... There was no actual music file associated with them. Now I have find the file and then set it to a iTunes item. The problem is that I have hundreds of items in iTunes I must find again and the originals files names aren't clear and easy to find because their names are different to the song name or artist. I want to keep intact everything including my play count and rating to importing is a bad idea. Is there a way that iTunes or another program and relocate each song and assign it to the correct item in iTunes itself? Thanks!

P.S. I've asked the Apple forums about this but they never answer even though I've double posted about 17 times.

Forum Editor 23:31 19 May 07

up and running?

If you do, why not just back up your iTunes library from within iTunes and then restore it on your new machine? Everything will be exactly as it was.

NETCHRIS 13:02 20 May 07

Hmm... Yes I do. But my old PC is unplugged but remains exactly as it was. If I back-up will I lose all my newly added songs? Just wondering, I havnt actually added anything new. So if I back it up it will recover all my ratings play counts and all the metadata? Sweet.

^wave^ 16:24 20 May 07

go to ilounge.com they are a great site for all things ipod

NETCHRIS 17:36 21 May 07

Yeah I tryed there but got no response.

^wave^ 19:38 21 May 07

look at there tutorials i have seen it there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…