Itunes and quicktime crash

fazza8 12:48 20 Apr 08

I have tried to manage my new ipod nano with itunes and downloaded the latest version. When I try to run it I get an "application error" The instruction at "0x987c0000" referenced memory at "0x987c0000". memory could not be "read". Please close the application.

When I try to open Quicktime I get another "application arror". DDE Server Window: QuickTimePlayer.exe The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) ocuured in the application at location 0x0040130d.

Are they connected and can only help me to get itunes running on my XP machine?

lotzatoys 21:50 22 Apr 08

I had this exact error on my machine as well. I found a demo version of an uninstaller program called "Cleanse Uninstaller". Using this program, I found that I had an old version of QuickTime on my laptop that wasn't showing up in the XP Add/Remove Programs applet. Once I cleaned out the old version of Quicktime, I reinstalled iTunes and everything started right up.

fazza8 22:32 22 Apr 08

Cheers. Will give that a go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…