Itunes problem

superhoops 19:20 27 Oct 10

Hi all
Just recently when I connect my ipad to my laptop it is refusing to recognize my ipad and gives an error message about "apple mobile device cannot be started". If I then go to "services" and set it to automatic and then "start" and then reboot the laptop it has reset itself back to "manual" and so an endless cycle continues.
It didnt use to do this, just last week or so. Any ideas? Cheers

gengiscant 06:27 28 Oct 10

I had similar problem, turned out it was the USB cable. I have 2, one connected to PC and one for charging. Somehow they got swapped over and although by then I had uninstalled /reinstalled itunes it wasn't until I plugged the cable in to charge my ipod Touch that I realized that it was not working.

Or try this.
1. Uninstalled iTunes and apple mobile device service completely.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Download and install (or reinstall) the latest version of iTunes. When you install iTunes, you also install the AMDS.
4. Restart the computer.
5. Start iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPod touch. Windows should recognize the device correctly.

To uninstall itunes correctly:click here

superhoops 06:44 29 Oct 10

Hi thanks for your reply. Have been away last few days on business, will try your suggestion this weekend when i get back Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced