iTunes problem

Chas49 14:44 18 Jan 09

My friend in Canada is having trouble with iTunes loading - it takes up to 3 minutes - occasionally more!

I have downloaded iTunes to test it for myself and find that it loads within 3 seconds.

I have advised her to do a fresh install but can you think of any other cause ?

I have looked through previous posts on the subject of iTunes but can't find anything relevant.

bionicle 15:50 18 Jan 09

It can depend a bit on the size of your music library. I have around 70GB on an external drive and this takes about 50 sec to a minute to load.

Chas49 17:10 18 Jan 09

bionicle:

Thanks for you input. She probably has a lot of data. Whilst I was on the phone to her she loaded iTones - it took quite a long time - she then said that it had files there (around 1300) that she hadn't downloaded and then proceeded to erase them. Of course I have no idea what she has done - hence the advice to uninstall and then reinstall the program and start from scratch. It seems that this would be wisest in the circumstances - given my experience when I downloaded and installed it this should work - providing of course that she hasn't picked up any nasties in her web travels. She has AVG and I have told her to do a scan.

I'm awaiting a reply to see if that was effective.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video