itunes problem

Comical Ali 20:53 21 Dec 06

If any one is a dab hand with itunes I have a small problem.

I run WXP Pro and have various user accounts.
I am the administrator.
I have put the itunes library into shared folder.
Everyone can use the songs except for me.

I get the message

Cannot play the song "xxxx" as the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?

Any help with this would be gratefully appreciated

.:?:. 20:56 21 Dec 06

have you tried locating the files from the sharing folder?

Comical Ali 20:58 21 Dec 06

Yes but it only lets you do a song at a time which is rather laborious to say the least as the library consists of 26GB

.:?:. 21:04 21 Dec 06

another suggestion then;

try deleting all the library from iTunes, then file>add folder to library, and select the sharing folder?

Comical Ali 21:41 21 Dec 06

That seems to have solved it.
Will purchased songs from other users need to be manually brought over in the future?
What is apless playback information as that message has come up a couple of times?

.:?:. 21:51 21 Dec 06

good good =]

To your questions;

1. Yes they will have to be brought over manually as iTunes doesn't automatically update, but make sure the songs are saved into the sharing folder.

2.gapless playback, I think is a way in which iTunes plays the songs. It's nothing to be worried about.

Comical Ali 21:56 21 Dec 06

thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…