ITunes new version

pellim 00:53 AM 09 Dec 12

In response to a message from Apple, i've just downloaded the latest version of iTunes. I could weep. It's a disaster. The new version has totally destroyed my carefully built up library of podcasts, all speech. Most of it is missing; some few individual podcasts have been classified by an idiot robot into completely the wrong place. I can't believe Apple has done this without due warning.
Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?

mole1944 05:18 AM 09 Dec 12

i totally agree,iTunes is a fiasco i didn't loose anything (54,000 legal tracks)and i had cloned drive just in case with Acronis,the print CD case option won't properly track information,thought it was me but it's a general problem,i have a widescreen monitor no option to make fit standard or wide screen,Apples lost the plot since the demise of Steve,there was the iPhone mapping software it was a diaster.I have this saying a take on a well know one "it's not broke,don't worry we'll soon fix it",for goodness sake Apple leave well enough alone ITunes was ok in it's previous incarnation.

mole1944 05:20 AM 09 Dec 12

Have you tried reloading your from itunes,the stuff will still be there you may have to resort stuff into lists again.

Chronos the 2nd 09:21 AM 09 Dec 12

I agree,Apple have followed in Microsoft's footsteps in 'Lets make things more difficult to find or do but say it is much easier'.

What I did is remove ITunes 11 and install the previous version which can be found here. OldApps.

Make sure you switch off auto update software in ITunes/preferences/general.

pellim 14:30 PM 09 Dec 12

Thanks Chronos the 2nd and mole1944 for your help. Quite by accident I found my podcasts but the chaos and confusion remain.
I'd no idea I could download the previous version of iTunes. It's amazing the help you get on this site. A very useful tip. I'v switched off auto updates and auto iPod syncs. Not sure what I wsnt to do yet.

CurlyWhirly 20:07 PM 10 Dec 12

After reading this thread I'm glad I delayed updating itunes !

I am wary of downloading updates as back last year an update nearly caused me to lose all my songs but I managed to get them back but now on the Windows taskbar I get the message "Previous iTunes Libraries" after a recovery and after this I also disabled auto updates.

Thanks for the warning.

iscanut2 20:24 PM 10 Dec 12

File Hippo has all prevoius versions of a lot of popular software..See this for I Tunes http://www.filehippo.com/downloaditunes32/

iscanut2 20:26 PM 10 Dec 12

Sorry link did not copy properly Just go to filehippo.com and look for I Tunes or whatever else you need an older version of.

Woolwell 22:02 PM 10 Dec 12

The only snag that I have found with the new iTunes is that it is not obvious to get back to the iPad/iPhone contents from the store but I suspect that they think that most users will sync by wifi.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

New Apple TV 2015 release date rumours: Apple TV 'launching in September' plus patent filed for…