itunes to mp3/4 - free conversion software

SallyC 15:26 06 Feb 09

Just bought an MP4 player but all my music is in itunes. Can anyone recommend a free conversion program - I'm running on WindowsXP home and using Windows Media Player v11
Many thanks
Sally

bremner 16:49 06 Feb 09

What make and model have you bought?

Are your songs in iTunes mp3's?

Most mp4 players can also play mp3's negating the need for you to convert if that is what you already have.

donki 17:52 06 Feb 09

I use Videora,

Videora iPod Converter - Free iPod Video Converter

Does everything that i need mp3 and mp4.

donki 17:53 06 Feb 09

Sorry, link below:

click here

SallyC 18:10 06 Feb 09

The player is a Philips SA5145. My music is stored in itunes library. I want to move the music across to Windows Media Player then download onto the mp player .I looked at the link to Videora but that seems to be the other way round. I'm afraid I wasn't clear.

bremner 18:59 06 Feb 09

Your player is shown as an mp3/wma player not mp4. click here

If all your songs in the iTunes library are mp3's then all you need to do in WMP go to

File > Add to Library > Advanced Options > Add and point to the iTunes library folder containing your music.

If the songs are in m4a or mp4 then you can try right clicking on them in iTunes and see if there is an option to convert to mp3 or this converter seems to do it as well click here

john bunyan 22:48 06 Feb 09

Maybe a bit long winded but you can burn i Tunes (using i Tunes) m4a to a CD - about 20 at a time then re - import as MP3.

gazzaho 01:14 07 Feb 09

john bunyan
Better to burn them to CD-RW that way you can reuse the disk again that's what I do.

john bunyan 09:51 07 Feb 09

Yes , quite right on CD - RW, so do I. Have Roxio Creator 2009 (paid for) I think that converts too Also I keep some CD's to play in the car as a proper (non wireless) iPod connector to my car system is about £130.

Terry Brown 10:41 09 Feb 09

This is the one I use, It's fast,free and does a good job
click here
Terry

bremner 12:35 09 Feb 09

You have green ticked this but not said how you resolved the problem - give us a clue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…