iTunes error 1316 on update,froze & now US

newts 13:27 10 Oct 05

Had iTunes and tried to update to version 5. This froze system and it did complete so now I have no iTunes. Error 1316 network error attempting to read Windows\installer\iTunes.Msi now shows and then error 1603. It seems to be an Apple error reading other sites but cannot find an answer. Have uninstalled iTunes, whatever was still on my system has cleared but still no joy. Have used Regseeker to clear out the registry but still the same answer. Can install Quick Time separately so will make do with this FTB. Does anyone have aa entry where I can download iTunes 4.9 which was working perfectly. Maybe I could try that but I cannot find a site as it all goes back to version 5
Help.

MAJ 14:02 10 Oct 05

This seems to be a German site, but there is an English version of iTunes 4.9 for download, newts. click here

bremner 14:11 10 Oct 05

There were some issues with v5.0.

These appear to have been addressed in v5.01 click here

newts 14:48 10 Oct 05

Many thanks MAJ, I have downloaded and installed 4.9 which went straight in with no problems.I will stick to that one as bremner I have already tried the v5.01 and that had the same result as v5. Thanks anyway for the interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…