iTunes 8 Advice needed please!

puddylump 19:56 30 Oct 08

After switching computers I uploaded music tracks on to iTunes 8. I did this by plugging in my ipod and dragging the files into iTunes. I plugged my ipod in the next day and tried to sync some videos that i had added. When the sync had completed all of the music tracks had been wiped off the ipod completely apart from some that I had uploaded from CD. After some research on Google i found out that all of the music has got exclamation marks next to them which means that the file source cannot be found. How do I get the music tracks back onto the ipod uncorrupted?

Thanks.
(P.S. The music that was wiped was not on disc.)

mole44 15:59 31 Oct 08

i had a similar problem,two solutions (1) try restore on your ipod,(2) after a corrupted itunes update i did the following open itunes-add folder to library-locate itunes music-reload the lirary back. this worked for me and i have 15825 music files (all legal)before i get blasted. also as anaside i`m a belt and braces man and have a Ghost copy anyway,if i lost all my music i`d be gutted.

julius44 08:55 03 Nov 08

It seems that what u should have done, is AFTER is importing all the songs into your itunes library u MUSt CONSOLIDATE all ypur songs in your itunes libary first. This means that all your songs in itunes are now 1 one place on your pc. so when u go to itunes , then libary, then consolidate library. u may need to import the songs AGAIN first, then u should be ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…