iTunes 7.2 upgrade - Windows encounters problem

peterleay 12:42 01 Jun 07

I upgraded to iTunes 7.2 and since then when I try to open iTunes I get a message saying Windows has encountered a problem and has to close. I've tried various ways of opening iTunes - but to no avail! If I go direct to the iTunes music folders & click on them they'll open and play in Windows Medie Player or Real Player.
How can I open iTunes?
Thanks,
Peter

bremner 13:24 01 Jun 07

There have been a number of reported problems with 7.2. I would do a system restore back to before the update and see if that helps

^wave^ 16:24 01 Jun 07

i know its no help but i have upgraded to 7.2 no probs so far. and yes i agree do a system restore

charlton200 18:28 01 Jun 07

I too had same problem.
After restart I was alowed to open from programs but not desktop shortcut. I was also not alowed to delete desktop shortcut. I sent a new short cut from programs which overwrote the old one instead of making a new one and everthing seems ok now.

Hope it helps , good luck.

Probabilitydrive 18:49 01 Jun 07

I upgraded also to iTunes 7.2 and it went without a glitch. However, I also experience similar shortcut problems as charlton200. Quick time opens from the tray but not from my desktop shortcut.

These teething problems put another spin to Steve Jobs claim about iTunes on a Window system:

"It's like giving a glass of ice water to somebody in hell!" click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…