iTunes

woodm01 10:17 AM 10 Jun 13

I have iTunes installed on laptop running Windows 8 64-bit.

When I load iTUNES, there is no music listed in my library even though it is logged in. Any ideas ?

Chronos the 2nd 11:37 AM 10 Jun 13

Have you added your music to itunes? If not hers how. Itunes.

woodm01 11:48 AM 10 Jun 13

Thanks for that. iTunes library is already setup on my old laptop but since loading iTunes onto the new machine, there is no music library.

Woolwell 13:12 PM 10 Jun 13

Bought music or music on the laptop?

Basic question, but have you transferred the music from the old laptop to the new?

woodm01 14:09 PM 10 Jun 13

You should be able to sign into iTunes and your music library should be accessible on the new laptop. Thanks for the comments, any further ideas please?

Woolwell 14:21 PM 10 Jun 13

I don't think that it works like that apart from purchased items. Read Apple support how to move your music to new computer.

Chronos the 2nd 14:26 PM 10 Jun 13

You should be able to sign into iTunes and your music library should be accessible on the new laptop.

It definitely does not work like that you will need to do one of these here. itunes transfer.

john bunyan 17:38 PM 10 Jun 13

You can do it using iCloud, if it is installed on both machines. Only applies to iTunes bought from them. The rest - copy to a memory stick or sd or similar in a folder. Then in new machine , iTunes, Music "Add Folder to library" and point to the folder on the stick or whatever. When all is done, remember to unauthorise the old pc.

bionicle 22:25 PM 11 Jun 13

Is i-tunes linked to the folder where your music library is on the laptop? In i-tunes go to Edit, Preferences and then select Advanced. This will show where your music library is and allows a change if required.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites