//some 3rd party need geo

ITunes

Macaonasa 16:01 22 Jun 04

Is there any way to download and install iTunes without installing Quicktime?

Kate B 18:16 22 Jun 04

I don't think so ...

anon1 18:24 22 Jun 04

itunes is owned by apple and I guess that means quicktime or no itunes. What you got against quicktime anyway?

bremner 18:28 22 Jun 04

It is simple to uninstall Quicktime from Add/Remove afterwards.

IMHO iTunes is much better than WMP and having to have Quicktime as well (which many Games requires) is a small price.

Macaonasa 21:29 22 Jun 04

Quicktime has a bad name among many of the PC fraternity, so much so that stripped-down versions are available.

anon1 11:51 23 Jun 04

I have never heard it given a bad name and I have been on the internet for 10 years plus and on a pc for about 15 years. Even microsoft comes under fire now and then but still people use it.

dth 12:15 23 Jun 04

can't put my finger on it - but there is
something I just don't like about QuickTime

I also have been an internet user for over 10 years and have never heard a bad thing against Quick Time,often against Real player and Media Player. I have used Quick Time for over 5 years ,with no problems. I have also asked a few friends and they also have never heard of this complaint. Where did the complaint come from?

zinnie 15:24 23 Jun 04

Macaonasa....don't worry about having Quicktime,as Bremner says it's worth having.
Just download itunes..it's great. By the way I have WMp, Realplayer and Musicmatch as well. They are all worth having.

Macaonasa 17:12 23 Jun 04

Then why are people going to the point of compiling the stripped-down version?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…