itunes 10.5

mjb1957 09:08 23 Oct 11

i need help, i cannot download itunes 10.5 for my iphone 4s. there is an error message that comes up saying there is an "installer package problem".

I have uninstalled all itunes components and re-installed but it still comes up with error message, i have even tried installing on another login name.

My compuer is running windows 7 ultimate

apple themselves dont have the answer!!

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thankyou

gengiscant 09:12 23 Oct 11

I had the same problem ans eventually gave up, the changes are minor so I would not worry to much.Remember the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it.

If itunes is working fine for you then just hide the update. I think it eventually installed on my PC following a total reinstall of Window7 64 Bit.

Terry Brown 10:35 23 Oct 11

It sounds like a 'bug' in the installation- not updating the previous version correctly/.

Wait for the next update.

Terry

Woolwell 14:25 23 Oct 11

I have had difficulty with updating itunes and other Apple prods on a pc. I solved it by temporarily turning off completely my anti-virus suite during the download. It appears that the download scan interferes with Apples' installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…