It's a tricky micky !!!

jonnytub 17:36 08 Nov 03

Hi people, just got back from pcworld with a lovely new sparkling, shiny wireless mouse, installed stright away on my laptop, only problem is the default touchpad just won't go away (uninstall) and every time i try to enable the HID (human interface device) instead of the built in touchpad it immediately reverts back to the touchpad. I've tried disabling, unistalling and now fear i'll have to trapse back to pc world and get my cash back. I thought i would try my luck here as i know you can buy seperate mickeys for laptops (mini usb versions) that work fine but are three times as dear!! Anyone had the same probs and found a solution, I'm running a toshiba satellite z-1000, 1.13ghz celeron, and xp pro.

spikeychris 17:39 08 Nov 03

Disable the TP in the BIOS.

User-312386 17:39 08 Nov 03

have you tried disabling the mouse in the BIOS

restart comp and start tapping the Delete key, this will take you to the BIOS.

Look around to see if there is anything about the mouse touchpad and if there is disable it

jonnytub 17:45 08 Nov 03

I'll give it a go, let you know what happens.

jonnytub 17:57 08 Nov 03

visited the bios and, well, it's a basic affair. No options to disable mouse, or do anything really.

spikeychris 17:58 08 Nov 03

You sure...there should be.

jonnytub 18:02 08 Nov 03

mostly only options for enabling disabling legacy usb support, changing irq protocol, etc, nothing for mice.

spikeychris 18:03 08 Nov 03

PS2/touchpad, or just PS2 external?

jonnytub 18:07 08 Nov 03

device manager describes it as a ps2 compatible mouse (touchpad) sorry for slow response downloading bios update to see if that will give me an option for disabling mice.

jonnytub 18:18 08 Nov 03

back in a mo, gonna try the bios update

jonnytub 18:59 08 Nov 03

bios no good any more suggestions ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…