It's time

Forum Editor 00:19 09 Nov 04

for another reminder about green ticks.Boring I know, but important nevertheless.

The idea is that when your problem has been solved you should let everyone know by applying the green tick to your thread. You'll find the option to do this at the bottom right of your thread's page. It helps everyone to know which threads are still 'live' and in need of help, so they don't have to take up valuable time visiting threads where the problem's been resolved.

So, do your best to remember to tick your thread, it only takes a second or two, and if you have time to tell us which bit of advice did the trick, that would be great.

Sethhaniel 08:18 09 Nov 04

are not 'bugs!!!! ;)

Diodorus Siculus 08:19 09 Nov 04

Just remember that ticking the box requires a seperate action to making a post. Whey a thread originator posts a final comment and ticks the box at the same time, only one or the other action works.

So best to post a comment saying what happened and when the post appears, then click resolved.

rawprawn 08:20 09 Nov 04

Absolutely spot on,It not only is a great help,but even if they don't post the advice that solved the problem at least one has the satisfaction of knowing that the problem has been solved.

Sethhaniel 09:17 09 Nov 04

or get Ticked off ;)

curlylad 09:42 09 Nov 04

..If green ticks not there,

still a problem to share,

If green tick appears,

it means problem disappears !

I really need to get out more.

watchful 10:10 09 Nov 04

^bump^

Sethhaniel 11:20 09 Nov 04

Are 'green ticks' good for the environment ;)

Smegs 11:29 09 Nov 04

I'll second that F.E.

D G 11:38 09 Nov 04

I wholeheartedly agree

CurlyWhirly 15:25 09 Nov 04

I agree with you and in one thread of mine even though I got NO responses (click here) I still explained what I did to RESOLVE the problem!
I also ticked the thread as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…