"Its the thing that holds the spring that makes...

Diemmess 12:00 11 Sep 03

Anyone out there with an idea of how to get at the mechanics of an Epson EPL-5800. It is a paper transport problem.

Single copies - everything goes fine

Multiple copies whatever paper, or however carefully the paper is fanned out before use, will print fewer and fewer copies before the printer tries to scoop the lot and of course jams.

I think this is a design problem because from new it was never to be trusted over about 10 copies, but now is a *!@:-up whether it will manage 3 at present. ............. Fortunately I don't need multiple copies every day.

It has not had a hard life, is well out of warranty and has 25% of the toner and about 85% of the photoconducter left.

I'm game to "have a go" but most printers make it difficult for ordinary mortals to get inside, and a lifetime of enjoying fixing things has brought up a basic Law - Beware the thing that goes-Dohyyinggg!!!

Diemmess 12:11 11 Sep 03

Don't know whether to embarrased or amused by the changed text in my thread.........Quote - *!@:-up

This was meant to describe the act that consenting cricketers do when choosing who shall bat first....... They throw a coin into the air, catch it and call......... No I had better not try and re-use the simple word meaning it was all a matter of chance.

That is some filter guarding this forum!!

Tog 12:18 11 Sep 03

I really am lost for words...

plankton 12:19 11 Sep 03

Does this help? click here

Diemmess 12:29 11 Sep 03

plankton - thanks, though the most promising file is a PDF of the handbook which I have........ I'm looking for a blow by blow acount of where to poke the screwdriver (fingers crossed very hard).

Simsy 13:08 11 Sep 03

using the word "poke"! LOL

-pops- 13:23 11 Sep 03

Are the paper feed rollers accessible? If yes, try rubbing them with a pencil eraser - you know - the rubber thingies on the tip of pencils. The rubber is quite abrasive and should roughen up the surface of the roller. May work, may not but worth a try in the absence of anything else!

snoresloudly 13:53 11 Sep 03

agree with POPS just had a word with the guy that does our printers, he agrees, sounds like the paper pickup rollers have worn a bit. You can try to clean them as pops says, with a rubber or use some alcohol (not vodka etc).

Diemmess 13:54 11 Sep 03

I'm lazy........ Having fiddled with an obsolete village photocopier I know what you mean and can see two likely rollers....... The snag is to get at them!........ And (sour grapes), there don't seem to be any contra-rotating rollers to "wind back" the lower layers of paper that are trying to be included and cause a jam.

To undo the average printer case, you need a catechism of procedures and devices to hold back plastic clips in secret places while pushing/pulling a certain moulding in a certain way ----- that is the info I seek!

-pops- 13:59 11 Sep 03

Ah! I thought you may be able to use the rubber and avoid all that.

JJCUK 14:29 11 Sep 03

try thicker paper :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…