It's there - or is it?

Yimbo 16:08 12 Mar 14
Answered

YouTube and some other sites have started telling me that Adobe Flash Player is needed to view their content. But I already have Flash Player 12 (the latest version) installed! It was all working fine this morning!

Any thoughts on what's gone wrong?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 12 Mar 14

What browser and any ad blockers you may be using?

Its probably the ad blocker stopping flash content from playing for security reasons.

Number six 23:26 12 Mar 14

There are known problems with IE11 and flash player. Assuming you are running this browser - try going to tools, and untick ActiveX filtering.

imendpc 00:58 13 Mar 14

Do problem solving from Adobe web site this will check if you have flash installed alright and then proceed from there.

Yimbo 17:55 13 Mar 14

Thanks folks - - I've followed your suggestions - re AdBlocker - Adobe web-site - and all I can say is that the issue seems to have been resolved, though I'm not sure how or why!!

I appreciate alll your help

rdave13 18:09 13 Mar 14
Answer

If you use IE as your main browser then the latest Flash update, via Windows update, has fixed it. Always the updates are slower than when actually available for some reason so a bit of an issue for Microsoft at the moment I think.

Yimbo 10:49 14 Mar 14

rdave13 - I do use IE - IE8 actually on XP(home) - so thanks for your helpful explanation!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017