Jade 14 G 23:04 27 Jul 05

I got a laptop three weeks ago, had aol broardband put in but writing emails are sending me crazy. The typing either jumps up into a top part of the email or it just goe's completly and have to start again, notice when it goe's you cannot scroll up or down but as l am a online teacher and type about thirty and more emails its very important for me to get it right.
Its a pleasure typing this as its not moving, hope someone can help as tonight on one email l had to re- type it four times,also odd menu's pop up. Have installed aol three times and installed the drivers again, when doing that microsoft small screen with the bit about do you want to report or not but then it went.

VoG II 23:11 27 Jul 05

Is this webmail and are you letting the page 'settle down' (i.e. fully load) before you start typing?

You need this by the way click here

Jade 14 G 23:17 27 Jul 05

I use aol email, have done for 7 years and have had no trouble till now.
I could use another email but it would be such a hassle re-joining stuff just now.

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:57 27 Jul 05

but a workaround may be to type it in a text editor and copy and paste into your email client?

And don't worry, we here to discuss/help with computer problems not check your spelling.

Satmansq 11:51 28 Jul 05

Have you tried talking to AOL, its their program and they may have the answer, it is a freephone number, as far as I know, and they can talk you through the processes in real time as opposed to trial and error in this forum. The advice here can be top notch but you have to keep coming back here, and to be honest AOL support can be a little lacking at times. But hurry up because apparently AOL are to start charging for telephone support.

stlucia 12:39 28 Jul 05

They started charging last week :-(

Satmansq 12:41 28 Jul 05

Last time I used AOL support was a little over a week ago, how about their on line support? Sorry didnt know about charging til earlier today when I went to look up the tel. No.

anchor 12:50 28 Jul 05

I read this on another forum:

"On 1 August 2005, our existing freephone 0800 support numbers will change to a charged-for number: 0870 3 20 20 20. BT landline calls to 0870 numbers cost no more than 7.51p @ minute; calls from mobiles and other network providers may cost more and vary by provider. Minimum 1 minute call charge applies on all BT lines".

Jade 14 G 13:13 28 Jul 05

Thanks for reminding me about charges with aol, l have used them a lot this week lol but l have aol talk which is a lot cheaper £7.99 a month plus you have to come from BT as BT charge you for the line.
AOL told me to do lots of things but nothing worked, they do have a live online help from Pakistan but they give you the same thing for what ever is wrong.
Was looking at my email setting's today and there was a dot in selected mail and a dot in blue line, l took them all out and the first two emails were fine but the next and 6 after were bad. This morning had 40 emails so am stil going through them, may be till midnight as there still coming up.

Jade 14 G 13:15 28 Jul 05

Am not sure about text eitor you were saying to use, is it notepad,

EARLR 15:29 28 Jul 05

I find that if your finger even comes close to the touch pad on my laptop the cursor will jump allover the place. I know of no fix for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…