It's notthing to do with computers, but....

TonyV 14:05 04 Jul 09

can anyone tell me where I can find out about a radio controlled chain system for use on an entry to our car park?

Whilst in Madeira last week, we saw just such a system that was effectively two posts, one either side of the width of the opening to an Hotel rear entrance, with a chain connecting them. The chain, when activated from a zapper in the car, just lowered to floor level, then after a few seconds rose to the closure position. the closure position was about two foot off the ground.

Something like this would be fine for the car-park at the front of our flats and would stop the morons who cannot read, from continually driving in to use it as a turning circle!

Thanks

TonyV

Technotiger 14:13 04 Jul 09
  Technotiger 14:14 04 Jul 09

Or ... click here

TonyV 14:24 04 Jul 09

Thanks for that. They appear to be barriers that you would see in Commercial car parks. The one I described is certainly more suitable for our private parking spaces. It was far less obtrusive than the main barrier system. I have been looking on Google, but so far haven't come up with any thing. Will keep looking or maybe someone else will have an idea. I certainly haven't seen a similar facility in this country yet, though I suggest they are there somewhere!

TonyV

DieSse 15:24 04 Jul 09

click here

click here

click here

click here (page 6)

click here

google .. automatic chain for car park ..

TonyV 15:27 04 Jul 09

Thanks. Will trawl through and see what is there. I tried all sorts of combinations of Barrier, but came up with very little!!

TonyV

TonyV 15:52 04 Jul 09

Have sent off for some more detailed info.

Pilomat I had already sent off to. Kopp had no UK address, so didn't bother with that one! Equally so the Adessia had no UK address either. Automated Closures looks promising. Will see what they come up with. Finally, Came have a UK address so will send a snail mail to them.

Thanks.

TonyV

eedcam 15:53 04 Jul 09

Before you spend any money I would take legal advice as to any complications with anyone injuring themself or damaging their vehicle.Alas our homes are not our castles these days

wjrt 17:24 04 Jul 09
  wjrt 17:38 04 Jul 09

or trawl this lot
click here

TonyV 19:33 04 Jul 09

eedcam, the device would be fitted on our land not on the public land. I'm not sure why we need be too careful about someone coming in who shouldn't be there in the first place. The whole point of such a device is stop people using it as a means of turning their car round because they either cannot read the No Turning signs or are too lazy to go down the road and turn round at an island. If I lived in house, I would be equally miffed if people kept coming in to my drive to turn round! (As, I am sure, would most people on this Forum!)

wjrt, I like the Parking Post and will try and get some information on it. Because of the width of the opening, we may have to have two fitted, but we will see. Maybe one in the middle would be enough to dissuade them from using it!

Thanks

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now