Its MY registry!!

robbiepaul79 22:04 20 Feb 07

So why cant i gain access and give myself full control to change certain keys?

Hi folks

Ive got Adobe 7 yet was having strange errors with windows installer wanting to load everytime i tried to open a file or basically anything. After much messing around i got round this went to reload Adobe 7 but now im getting a registry error it say i dont have the rights to it but even though i attempt to gain full control and other loopholes through regedit i have no luck....Access Denied is always the final outcome.

Can anyone offer some advice before i press F10 next bootup and take the easy option of a system restore.

Cheers

Rob

VoG II 22:08 20 Feb 07

What is the exact error message?

robbiepaul79 22:13 20 Feb 07

Error 1406.Could not write value ThreadingModel to key \Software\Classes\CLSID\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\InprocServer32. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

woodchip 22:14 20 Feb 07

Do you mean Acrobat Reader? if So you should remove it and Download click here
It faster and better and smaller foot print

VoG II 22:16 20 Feb 07
  robbiepaul79 22:29 20 Feb 07

cheers VoG ive checked that out and its gave me more to think about ill try some more work on this tomorrow its done my head in enough for today

audeal 03:58 21 Feb 07

I wonder why we need all these extras with Adobe Reader. I thought it was supposed to be just that, a reader.

I recently installed version 7 and do not use many of the functions as I do not need them. I am sure most people do not either. It is becoming to complicated to install not alone use. I think I might go back to an earlier one for the ease of use.

robbiepaul79 07:59 21 Feb 07

ok well sorry for confusion but im talking about the fulll version Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional

silverous 09:42 21 Feb 07

I've sometimes found that using regedt32 rather than regedit allows you to gain control of keys that are previously not allowed under regedit.

robbiepaul79 09:56 21 Feb 07

cheers all tips welcome im determined to fix this tonight i couldnt sleep and was having dreams about registry's last night :D

Legolas 14:28 21 Feb 07

into my postings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009