It's good to talk!

The Earl Of Sabden 22:56 16 Aug 04

BT says it wants £40 for premium rate calls via my dial-up connection. A Dailer virus (same number) seems to have infected my PC - just one day it seems when I was saving pictures to 'My Pictures' from a 'Cher' website.

AVG never indicated a Virus/Throjan... nor was any highlighted and removed, but good old BT now say they have barred 'that' dailer number.

Is there a way I can detect a 'dailer' once on my PC if a scan fails to highlight one?

Cheers guys.... EOS.

joethebow 23:10 16 Aug 04

Download DC+ (Dialler Controll). It's a German Programme but it works well. Once run each time anything attempts to access the net it checks it's database, which you control. If it finds a number it doesn't recognise it asks what to do before allowing it to dial. Options are. Always allow this number, Always deny, alow this time only, or deny this time only.

You'll find it on Google.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:11 16 Aug 04

AVG looks for virus not dialers / spyware

Try Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here

Big Elf 23:18 16 Aug 04

I use AntiDialler click here which was recommended by a forum member (sorry can't remember who it was).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…