Item not in Add/Remove

spuds 19:05 21 Apr 07

I made a number of attempts to downloaded a programme from Serif this afternoon. The programme set-up appears to go to the final stages (every time) then freezes.

Checking in 'Programmes' in XP, the item is listed. Clicking on the programme, and a message "Registration DLL appears to have been modified.Please reinstall the programme". It then suggests removal via Add/Remove.

Checking Add/Remove the programme is not listed!.

Made various attempts to download and overwrite, without success. Any suggestions, in resolving this problem.

VoG II 19:33 21 Apr 07

It the program installed using the Windows Installer try this click here

VoG II 19:34 21 Apr 07

That should be "If".

It doesn't actually remove anything, just clears the registry entries. You should then be able to try installing again.

spuds 20:17 21 Apr 07

VoG thanks for the info and link. The Serif programme was via its own installer, but out of curiosity I downloaded the link, but it doesn't seem to apply to the Serif programme. I will keep the installer link on the computer, for future reference.Thanks again.

moorie- 21:10 21 Apr 07

is it possible to system restore to before the install,download again,diconnect from net,disable av and try the install again.

bruno 22:20 21 Apr 07

If you download "ccleaner", that has a facility for removing programmes,which may work for you.

spuds 14:34 22 Apr 07

Tried various tactics without much success yesterday. Made a couple of 'overwrite' attempts this morning, ant the programme eventually finalised. Even showing in Add/Remove now. Registration with product went without a problem via internet email.Would possible suspect that it was an error with Serif download procedures, hence blocking of completion yesterday and earlier today!.

Ticked as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…