Italian dictionary within word

Boy Zone 13:54 03 Feb 06

Hi,

I have been asked how do you set up word to recognise Italian as the main language for writng and checking Italin spelling.
I currently have office 2003.

beynac 14:02 03 Feb 06

Have alook at this; click here

Boy Zone 14:28 03 Feb 06

Thanks,

I did try this out, but when I tried it out it informs me that it could not find "the language proofing tools". Where are these? I am not sure if they come free with Office 2003.
Knowing MS I guess one ahs to pay for this software.

JWJH 14:38 03 Feb 06

Does this click here answer your question?

PAE 14:39 03 Feb 06

Boy Zone

Word 2003. Click on Tools> Language> Select Language. I don't know if Italian is in there but there are at least 10 varieties of Spanish. I use it all the time.

€dstowe 15:13 03 Feb 06

Similar to PAE, I constantly switch French/UK English.

In my Word there are two forms of Italian - Italian Italian and Swiss Italian.

beynac 16:17 03 Feb 06

You need to go into 'Regional & Language Options' in Control Panel. Click on 'Languages' then 'Details' then 'Add'. Select Italian and 'OK' everything. This will enable the language in Windows, but I think that you will need to buy the 'Proofing Tools' from Microsoft (see the MS Office website) in order to use spelling and grammar checking. I believe that the standard dictionaries provided are English (UK and US) and French.

Boy Zone 16:24 03 Feb 06

Hi
Thanks for your input.
I did as you suggest, but.
Having set the language, when it comes to spell check, it does not pick up on any spelling errors. It states that spelling is correct, even if I chose any language.
I'm not too sure how this feature works, it does not seem to function as I thought it should have.

beynac 16:33 03 Feb 06

Here's a link which gives a little bit more info on the Proofing Tools. click here

Boy Zone 16:39 03 Feb 06

Thanks, As I thought I need to purchase more software.
MS give you the impression that you have the toos to allow you to do what you want, but then through the back door, inform you that to carry out this function you need to spend money.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…