Is it worth upgrading from Office 2000 to XP?

MOMORRIS 20:27 16 Feb 04

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop running Windows Xp. I have Office 2000 installed and running well, my question is:- Is it worth upgrading to Office XP?

Lozzy 20:29 16 Feb 04

No there not enough of a diff in my opinion to upgrade.. Wait till the next version comes out.. Save your dosh

spikeychris 20:37 16 Feb 04

Office 2003 is already out and its beautifull...

JIM 20:39 16 Feb 04

If as you say all is running well and you have gone to the trouble of updating 2000 and your happy.Stay as you are would be my per/choice.

And i did do what you are thinking about and enjoy the upgrade.But!! do i need all that it offers? Mind you the same could have been said about Office 2000 at the time:)

MOMORRIS 20:45 16 Feb 04

If i did decide to upgrade, is the Office XP reverse compliant i.e. can i re-install office 2000 with little or no probs?

VoG II 21:05 16 Feb 04

You would need to uninstall Office XP first or you'll have problems.

There isn't that much difference between 2000 and XP - I would go for 2003. As spikeychris said it is beautiful - really, really good.

Chris the Ancient 22:02 16 Feb 04

I have to agree with VoG.

My wife inherited my older machine, so I moved my Office XP Pro to my machine.

I did not remove XP very well off her machine before installing my old 2000. And I have had problems. Not insurmountable problems, but they are there.

And I refuse to go for a complete system rebuild, so I have to navigate her round the wobbly bits that remain.

Serves me right!

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…